Safe Zone Settings Reset After Grid Merge

Cakes shared this bug 4 months ago
In Progress

Version: 1.204.018 b0 default

Date of observation: 10/06/24

Recreated On Creative Mode and Keen Server NA#1

Hello

Today I observed that if you merge a safe zone onto a grid, it will reset all the settings on the Safe Zone. Including the Whitelist filters, Selection of allowed practices (drilling, grinding, welding...ect), and the graphic used for the bubble.

However the size of the zone is not effected.

This seems to only be the case if the safe zone becomes part of another grid, as opposed to the other grid becoming part of the safe zone grid.

Cakes

Replies (2)

photo

I have also noticed this when attempting to seperate a section via grinding from your station that is larger than than the main station itself.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

We tried to replicate the issue on our end, but unfortunately, it did not occur for us. Could you kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue? Please also provide the blueprint of the grid where you noticed the issue on our server or the world save file if you experienced the issue in a Single Player world.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello

Here is a video I have just recorded of me recreating the bug on a fresh save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7oZg3ryPk

I have also provided the save file from this video for your reference.

Thanks

Cakes

photo

For QA's reference.

The grid being unmerged from the Safezone grid must have a higher block count than the Safezone grid itself.

PCU is irrelevant in this case.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for providing the video, the world save file, and thanks to Gorwyn for sharing additional information.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file