This object is in archive! 

Infinite energy exploit

nablabla shared this feedback 4 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I am not sure if I should post this as a bug or a feedback but since it can be fixed I submit it here.

If you look at the power generation and consumption rates of the H2/O2 Generator and the Hydrogen Engine you can see that both processes together (converting ice to hydrogen and burning it in the hydrogen engine) produce a surplus of energy. I also tested it. It works with both grid sizes.

For example on the large grid:

1x large O2/H2 Generator uses 500kW and produces 500 L Hydrogen per second

1x large Hydrogen Engine consumes those 500L Hydrogen per second and produces 5.000kW

--> So there is a surplus of 4500kW!!

Or in other words: Ice behaves like an energy source, which it really should no. So there is no need for any additional reactor or any other energy source on a ship or tanking station, nor is there a need to carry a lot of hydrogen in a ship to be filled on a station. In fact a tanking station does not make sense anyways since hydrogen is so much bigger larger and more heavy to store than ice plus O2/H2 Generators. Here is another discussion how to solve the mass/density problem:https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/hydrogen-fix

I read it and the authors are just right about what they say, I wonder why this feedback wasn't considered at all

In any case the generation of H2 should consume more energy than producing it (something like 5500kW or 6.000kW for the large grid, not much more though since this is futuristic space tech and should be better than what we currently have).

Otherwise a ship only needs to carry some few amounts of ice that can act as energy source and fuel at the same time.

Replies (3)

photo

well... you're not wrong... but inside the universe of SE... this is a totally normal perpetual motion machine...

photo

Not an exploit, just how things are(((

You do need a lot of ice to run those generators so it's definitely not 'infinite'. And it vanishes matter to create power, it's kinda fair if not realistic. Normal H2+O2 fuel>power returns water, this one does not.

photo

The only fix for this is to add fossil and fusion energy to the game.

photo

It would be nice to have oil deposits in SE2 that behaves similar to water

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file