Action Relay Antenna Requirements

Brock shared this bug 5 months ago
Reported

Not sure if bug or intended behavior.

Action Relays can still communicate with each other even if the antenna network connecting them is offline. An antenna network between them must exist, but those antennas can be turned off. However, both Action Relays will require a localized antenna turned on in order to function.

This means you can have 2 grids, 49km apart. Each have antennas ranged to 50km but turned OFF. Each grid also has an antenna turned on to only 1m. Action Relays on these 2 grids will be able to communicate with each other.

Feels like "magic" because it's illogical, but allows for an awesome setup. You can "hide" your long range antennas by turning them off, and then remotely turn them back on via Action Relays only when you want to use them.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for letting us know about this problem and for providing all the information.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I want to add further details I've found out.

The activity I described above does not happen upon first loading a world. It seems the antennas that "connect" the 2 grids must at some point in the current gaming session to have been enabled and then disabled to allow Action Relays to still communicate with themselves across grids that don't have antennas that reach the other grid anymore.

But once communication was established 1 time, you can turn off the long range antennas and still have Action Relays communicate with each other... as long as each one has access to any antenna of any range.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file