Warheads do not detonate if encased in blocks

Chuck shared this bug 5 months ago
Need More Information

I always arm warheads, so im not having issues with my testing where the warhead isnt armed.

I am building missiles, and im finding that if the warhead is the very first thing that impacts the enemy target, the warheads will explode. However, if it impacts anything else, like a block (like if you have encased the warhead in armor blocks), it does not go off. I assume thats because impact damage will destroy multiple blocks at once, and if a warhead is destroyed in this way, it wont explode.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Chuck!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly provide more information regarding this issue?

Are you using any MODs/Script in your missile that could interfere with the warhead's function? If so, could you check if the issue is persistent over vanilla world (has no MODs/Scripts)?

If the issue persists, could you please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue and the vanilla world save file where you have experienced this issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello! No mods, no scripts. Purely vanilla settings using timers/event controllers/ai blocks.

Im going to record it soon, but in the meantime i will describe it as best as i can.

If the warhead is the very first block the missile uses to make contact with the enemy craft, the warhead will detonate. However, if another block on the missile hits the craft first, it seems to destroy the warhead without actually detonating it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file