Voice chat doesn't work

Kristian shared this bug 5 months ago
Need More Information

Using voice chat mutes all sounds for all players. Nobody can hear anything. All players have voice chat enabled. It is also present without having mods enabled.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Kristian,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

Sadly, I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side when I was trying it.

The voice chat was working just fine for me as well as all the music and sounds when using it and also when not.

Do you mean that it is not working when you are using the voice chat, or after that? Once it is broken, it stays like for the affected players all the time, or it is mitigated after another load-in for them? Or it is working normally again e.g. after server restart? Or you did not found a way how to get it back to work normally and as expected?

Can you also please specify whether you are playing in Lobby multiplayer mode, using the dedicated server app, or are you using any other way how to run the server?

Since you are mentioning mods, can you please share me more information on that?

Does that mean that you have some game world which included some mods, you experienced this problem, saved the world, took all the mods out and loaded this same world again and still the issue was present?

Or did you try it on the server that is not using mods at all (e.g. some Keen official one), right from the start?

If the first is applicable, can you please also try the same on a world that has no mods at all – start completely new game without any mods added, try to build grids and blocks there, play there for a bit and use the voice chat; basically try to mimic your actions from the affected world. Can you reproduce the same there as well?

You are writing "all sounds". What does that mean, please?

Do you also mean the in-game music by any chance? Or the music/sounds coming from Sound blocks or Jukebox block? Or sounds like shooting, explosions, refinery production sound, thrusters/jet-pack etc.?

Next, if you are able to reproduce it on vanilla (no mods) world as well, can you please share me a video showing this problem on your side and guiding me through steps to reproduce (if any special are needed).

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello.

The voice chat cuts off any ingame sounds for other players when somebody is trying to talk. otherwise all sounds are normal and always go back to normal while not attempting to use ingame voice chat.

I think I'm playing in lobby multiplayer mode (visible to only Friends, if it matters). I have never played on public servers and can't say if it's any different there.

I use 53 mods from steam workshop, but I have tried using voice chat with no mods enabled and without any mods installed. However the issue is present either way.

"all sounds" means that all ingame sounds get cut off.

The video: https://youtu.be/5AVRCONBrDE?si=BJ0VrcmoB8qP5bkr

Leave a Comment

Attach a file