Action Relay not being triggered by Defense block

Zer0limit shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

I love what the new block is supposed to do but it is currently not being triggered when my defense block tells it to send the signal. If I manually click "send signal" then the effect I want works but it is currently not being triggered by the defense block.

This is my set up.

Base has an action relay and I have a small grid 10km away and both are connected via Laser antenna. Both have an action relay, on the same channel and set to faction only. These are the only existing action relays in my faction. The defense block of my small grid detects the enemy but does not trigger the "send signal" option from it's hotbar. I also tried "set channel and send signal" but it doesnt work unless I manually click to send the signal. Only then will my base react but not when the defense block detects the enemy.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Zer0limit,

thank you for letting us know about this problem.

However, when I did try to reproduce the same on my side, everything was working just fine and as expected.

Large grid connected to large; large to small; with classic antenna; with the laser one, when the grids were close and even when in further distance... no luck on my side. Everything was working as expected. Every time my Defense block did trace some enemy grid in vicinity, the signal was sent automatically to the other grid and desired action started there.

Can you please send me the save file where these affected grids are already on place and the issue can be observed?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file