Stuck Inside Remote Control after Crash

Michael Reeve shared this bug 5 months ago
Solved

I was messing around with a gyro turret so 2 rotor to make an incased turret with a remote control and a gyroscope (I know I can use the advance turret block but I didnt) i was using a script called Radio Spectometry basicaly allowing me to more easily find ores but while i was changing the settings inside the remote control my game crashed then when i got back into my save i was back inside the turret as i was from my last quick save then tried to exit and couldnt i tried entering spectator and i could but f6 would then do nothing

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly provide some additional information regarding this issue?

Has this issue occurred for the first time after the latest game update, or did it happen before as well?

Did you experience this issue while playing in Single Player mode, Lobby, or Dedicated Server (DS)?

Were there any other MODs/Scripts active in the game when you experienced this issue? If so, could you kindly check if the issue persists in the vanilla world/server (with no active MODs/Scripts)?

If it does, did it occur when the world/server crashed only or when reloading/rejoining the world/server again? Please also send us a screen recording/video showing the issue and the log file from when this issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi thanks for getting back to me the issue occurred before the most recent update

I experienced this in Single Player I had a few mods(Build Vision 3.0, Faster Cargo Ship Spawn Rates, Star Citizen Weapons(WeaponCore), WeaponCore - 2.4< Rotary Airlock, Nanobot Build and Repair System, Ship Speed Increase, SmartRotors: Solar) and 1 Script([QoL] Radio Spectrometry). I have not been able to replecate the crash in vanilla due to lack of time but the set up is as Follows:

Large grid ship(Powered) and for the turret it has 1 large Rotor Conected to 1 small Hinge with and Ore detector, Remote Control Block, gyroscope and a Camera(For the Radio Spectrometry Script) then enter the Remote control Enter the Camera wait for a quick save and then somehow crash the game. once you relog you will be stuck controlling the Remote Control and the only way to get unstuck is to either destroy or remove the remote control, relog and then respawn. I cant give any screenshots or recordings as I have rebuilt the turret using the advanced turret Control Block and haven't had any issues with that. I Unfortunately cant Locate the Log File in my space engineers Folder the only one i can find is one that shows information from today.

Thank you for any help you can give

Michael

photo
photo

Hi Keen Team!

I have noticed 2 other players having similar problem where they get stuck in Remote Control and can't do anything, it happens when they save and exit the game while controlling a grid and they can't play in that save anymore, well they can load the world but the character is stuck controlling without any menu or working keys like F is not working for example.

STR = Must save and exit while controlling using RC block.

And I found a fix for it!

FIX

1 - Go into Spectator mode F8, aim at the ship/grid you control and hit Ctrl+B to save the Blueprint.

2 - Hit Alt+F10 to open the admin menu, select "Entity list", select the ship/grid you control and click the remove button to delete it.

3 - Save and exit.

4 - Make sure respawn ships is enabled.

5 - Set the world Survival + MP (I've set it Public)

6 - Load and you will be able to respawn at your existing Medic Rooms or be able to select a respawn ship.

Ref. On Steam Discussion with more details :

Locked in Remote Control :: Space Engineers Bug Reports (steamcommunity.com)

photo

Hello, Engineers,

thank you for the additional information.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer,

happy to inform you that this problem is now fixed in v204.

Will close this thread now.

If you are experiencing any other problem with the game, please let us know by opening new thread here on the forum.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file