Drones do not spawn asteroids

J P shared this bug 18 days ago
Not a Bug

When using drones to explore past the worldsetting for asteroid visibility (15km by default), no new asteroids are spawned in.

This makes a playstyle based purely on exploring unknown asteroids, planets or even the entire solar system using drones only impossible.

Instead of launching small autonomous drones w/o lifesupport capabilities, I am forced to haul my player into space just to spawn any asteroids; which is not my intention for my current playthrough.

The fact that uranium can only be found on asteroids exacerbates this issue immensely.

A remote controlled grid should have the same effect on asteroid spawns as a the player character itself. Each player can only occupy a single remote control at any given anyway, so performance should not be a big concern here.

Maybe an active AI block should, too. But I could understand if that was not possible for performance reasons.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, J P!

Thank you for writing to us.

Please note that asteroids spawn only when players are in close proximity. This means that an exploration drone will not trigger their generation. However, you can create your own custom asteroids through the Spawn Menu (Shift + F10) > Predefined Asteroids, where you can select the type, material/ores for your custom asteroid.

As the issue you mentioned is not a bug, we will be closing this thread for now. However, we encourage you to create a new feedback thread here explaining how asteroid spawning by drones could enhance the game and improve the overall player experience. This will allow our programmers/designers to review your suggestion and might consider it for future game updates.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file