Problems with the armor skin

TheAlkoStop shared this bug 12 days ago
Need More Information

Good afternoon, I don't speak English very well, but I will try to describe the problem:

I don't have armor and tool skins displayed, instead some kind of clown armor, I don't even know how to describe it.

Replies (2)

photo

tools and equipment cosmetics can be changed at a medbay

photo

When you try to change it, this skin is put here. Nothing else is being set.

The problem as it turned out is that this is exactly my problem, my partner's skins show correctly

photo
photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

If we are understanding it correctly, when changing tools' skin, your suit's skin also gets changed? If that's the case, is this issue occurring when using Medical Room on a modded (has active MODs/Scripts) world/server or on the Character customization screen from the Main screen, by clicking the Character button?

If the issue is occurring in a modded world or server, please check if the issue is persistent on a vanilla world (has no active MODs/Scripts) or on the Character customization screen from the main menu.

If the issue persists on the vanilla world or Character customization screen from the main menu, then try the following steps that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Once done, try again changing skins from the main menu > Character customization screen, and if the issue doesn't occur here, please also check if the issue occurs when using Medical Room on a vanilla world.

If the issue still occurs, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue and the log file from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regard,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Сделал всё, что вы сказали. Ранее удалял игру полностью с пк через стим и удалял файлы в Rouming. Ничего не помогло.

Вот вам видео как это выглядит

https://youtu.be/OvgxTz98y6E

photo

I did everything you said. Previously, I deleted the game completely from the PC via steam and deleted files in Roaming. Nothing helped.

Here's a video of what it looks like

https://youtu.be/OvgxTz98y6E

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for sharing further details, and we regret that none of the workarounds has helped you in resolving the issue.

Since you have mentioned uninstalling Space Engineers previously from your device, did you by any chance happen to delete the game files from "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers" as well? If not, we recommend trying to perform a clean installation of the game again. Before you proceed with the clean installation, please make sure to back up your Save and Blueprint folders from the following directories:

• Save folder: \AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves
  • Blueprint folder: \AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints

Move or copy these folders to a different folder or drive to prevent any loss of your game progress and blueprints after the reinstallation.

Please follow these steps to perform a clean installation:

Uninstall Space Engineers through Steam.

Delete any remaining files from the following directories:

\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers

Before reinstalling the game, please also make sure that your OS is up to date and without any faulty updates. Once your OS is updated and stable, reinstall Space Engineers through Steam. After this, go to Steam Library > right-mouse click on Space Engineers > Properties > DLC. Confirm that if all your bought DLCs are checked/enabled here. If not, please check/enable them. Exit this screen, launch the game, and try to change the engineer's suit/tool's skin (from the previously shared video, it seems the game at your side is taking some time to load skins, so we recommend that rather than changing skins frequently, after selecting a skin give the game 2-3 secs to load the skin, before selecting new skin).

If the issue persists, as requested in our previous response, kindly send us the complete log file from the time this issue occurred, and also the screen recording/video (only if there have been any changes from your last shared video).

Kind Regard,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good day again.

This method did not help me either, everything remained the same. I recorded a video in case of anything, as I log into the game after reinstalling

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file