Problem launching the game when launching in online mode

Аймар Зараев (VARN GRANT) shared this bug 19 days ago
Need More Information

Hello, I encountered a problem launching the game, when I launch it in online mode, the game crashes after loading to the main menu, and when I launch it in offline mode, the game does not crash, unfortunately, I did not find a solution to this problem or a working method on the Internet, because Why I decided to come here, I will be very glad for any help.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

It would be good if we can start from the beginning.

What exactly are you referring to, when you are speaking about "online" mode? Is it that you have the whole Steam in Offline mode and playing the game like that (only single player), or that you actually have all the time Steam in Online mode and by "online" you mean only the "online part" of the game; so Lobby multiplayer, community/official servers... ? And the game is working for you in single player, regardless of actual Steam Online/Offline mode?

From some of the logs, I can see that you are using some launch options (-force, -glcore...). Can you please delete these and try to play the game completely vanilla without using any other 3rd party piece of SW (plugins, mods...)?

Please let me know what type of "online" your are referring to and where exactly is that (Steam, in the game).

Also please try to provide me just two logs so I can investigate them properly; one where the problem was experienced, and the other one from the game session where you did not experience the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, by Online I mean when Steam is turned on with the Internet, and by Offline I mean when Steam starts without the Internet, in general, when I launch Engineers with the Internet, the game crashes after getting into the game menu, and when I launch without the Internet it works without problems, but I can’t use servers and mods from the workshop, although there are cases when Engineers are launched with the Internet, but I can’t use the servers with an Internet connection

There are mods, but I unsubscribed from them and deleted the folder with them from the computer

I used the launch command as one of the ways to launch Engineers with the Internet, but it did not help, and unfortunately I do not know about third-party programs

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for sharing additional information and the log.

We did not find any exceptions or errors in the provided log, so could you please let us know whether the issue occurs with Space Engineers only, or with other games as well?

If the issue persists with other games, it could be due to interference from installed third-party software on your PC or a lack of administrative rights for Steam to launch the games. Try running Steam/Space Engineers as 'Run as Administrator' and see if that resolves the issue.

Also, please check if temporarily disabling your antivirus changes anything.

If the issue is only happening with Space Engineers, please try the following steps that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Once you’ve completed these steps, launch the game with an internet connection and check if the issue still occurs. If it does, please send us the latest crash log and log from the Windows Event Viewer.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind Regard,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file