Safezone filter inverted for falling floating objects

AdaRynin shared this bug 22 days ago
Need More Information

There are two cases for the whitelist/blacklist filter:

• Preexisting floating items inside safezone while it is being configured.
  • And floating objects that are dropped into the safezone from the outside after it was configured.

I would expect the blacklist to always eject the item no matter whether it was there before the filter was enabled or whether it was dropped in.

How to reproduce the unexpected behaviour:

1. Build and activate Safezone. No filter yet.
  2. Lay down an item (e.g. Canvas) inside the range.
    => Item stays, okay.
  3. Enable Filter, whitelist:canvas.
    => Item stays. okay.
  4. Enable Filter, blacklist:canvas.
    => Item ejected. okay.
  5. Keep the safezone blacklist as is.
  6. Drop item from outside safezone into its range.
    ==> Item stays. Expected behaviour: It should be ejected and not even fall into the safezone.
  7. Enable Filter, whitelist:canvas.
    ==> Item ejected. Expected behaviour: It should stay.

One explanation could be that the item entries are "individuals", but users expect them to be categories. I expect all canvas to be ejected. Not just this one individual canvas.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, AdaRynin,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

Thank you also for the description and for the steps.

However, my results were a bit different to what you are writing. Can you please share me the affected save file and also a video showing this problem happening on your side? That way, I can see exactly what you are doing, and have also the exactly same environment as you do.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It's possible I misunderstood the cases, ignore that part.

I expected the blacklist for items to allow/disallow *types* of items, and not individual items.

I drop in 1 explosives, the safezone now lists "explosives" as being possible to allow/deny. I put "explosives" on the blacklist and the current item is ejected, good. But the next time someone drops any new explosives on me, they are let in, because they are not that one explosive that I denied? Is that how the item blacklist supposed to work, is my question?

Can I exclude only the specific items that are present in the zone right at this moment? (With ships and players that makes sense, because they are indeed individuals.)

PS: I'll record a video of the case where switching to whitelist ejected an item later today

photo

By the way, while recording the above scenario as a video, I ended up with several items (several Canvases), and that made it even weirder. As you see, they are numberd individual items. But they don't stay individual items. Putting them in my inventory and dropping them turns them into new items. Why can I blacklist individual items but their individuality does not persist? What is this floating item tabs used for? I guess we could use it to expell all scrap.

Another "user-unfriendly" thing.

1. I go to the player filter, and select "Blacklist", and add nothing. That means nonody is blacklisted, therefor everyone is allowed, good.
  2. Then I go to the floating items tab, and select blacklis. I click "add contained".
  3. Now all the contained items are expelled -- good.
  4. And I am expelled.... because I am contained, and I am added to the empty player list, and the empty playerlist was set to blacklist, and I am on my own blacklist....

I understand it logically, but it's not what players expect.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file