Ore detector and hand drill not showing ore

R.e.renken@outlook.com shared this bug 22 days ago
Solved

My ore detectors (small and large grid) and my hand drill are not detecting any ore anymore. Fore example: i am standing on a ore patchon a ice lake with my HUD on fully visible and do not see the marking for ice or any of the ore. This have i also in a newly started vanilla word.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

However, I did not experience the same problem on my side when tried.

Can you please provide me more information on the subject?

Since you write "This have i also in a newly started vanilla word." do I understand it correctly, that the problem first arose on modded world (or on some using e.g. scripts, plugins...)?

Please try our general workarounds, that help to most of the players to solve most of the problems. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up (so you won't lose e.g. your saves, blueprints) your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

After you do all these steps, please try to load the game and start completely new e.g. Earth Planet world (with no mods at all), where there are multiple places where the ore detector is working just fine and detecting ore deposits properly.

Let me know if you would be able to locate the ore deposits and thus the ore detector would start to work for you again. If not, can you please share me a video showing this problem and also share me some of the affected worlds (preferably also without any mods) where this problem can be observed?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, after reinstalling Space Engineers everything works as it should. Thanks for your reply!

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your reply.

Happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this problem.

Since there is nothing more I can help you with here in regards the subject, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you observe/experience any other problem in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file