star system bug

no thanks shared this bug 27 days ago
Won't Fix

I was playing the game and I tried Europa but after I did try it I wanted to play on a other planet so i went to new game and then star system and I hit start new game but then it just loaded my last save and it wont tell me why the star system logo changed to the Europa save and i cant do anything I can'te'en play the game I bought

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

This is how I understand the situation; can you please confirm or disprove that?

In Main menu, you have chosen "New game" option, went to Custom games, choose the Star system world, started it, played there for a while, saved.

Then you wanted to play another fresh new Star system. So you want again to Main menu – New game – Custom game – Star system. You have chosen it just like before and expected that the completely new game would be loaded.

But instead of the newly started Star system, the game loaded you the old save from the previous session in this world (Star system, in your case)?

And now this happens all the time you try to start a fresh new Star system world? So you are unable to start a new game at all, correct?

And what happens if you try to load the saved game (on Europa) from the actual Load game menu? Can you please try and let me know?

Please try these workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game

Please let me know if anything from above works for you and the issue would stop happening to you.

If no, please reply to my questions above and share me a log file from your game.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file