Searchlight Control button disappear

David Marts shared this bug 29 days ago
Solved

Hello! After a day of using the Warfare 2 DLC I've encountered a bug with searchlight. The "control" button stopped working. I tried to reinstall the DLC and it worked but appeared again next time i launched the game. The control button works though if i use it from a control panel of ship connected to the structure. But it doesn't work in structure's control panels.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, David,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

After I have tested this problem, that you are describing, I also found some inconsistencies in this. But after further investigation and discussion with our design team, it turned out that everything is actually working fine on my side.

The problem on my side was, there while there was antenna on the ship grid that was connecting to the base grid, the base grid didn't have any.

That was the reason on my side, why there was different outcomes.

Can you please also do the same and check your base and the connecting ship, please?

It should work like this:

1) if you have antenna on the base grid, you can use searchlight (and turrets) from any control panel on the grid. Because you are communicating with the base antenna with your personal one in your character's suit (<O>). With the ship connected or not.

2) if you don't have antenna on the base grid, but do have one on the connecting ship, the "Control" button would work after the connection, because you are again able to use the "Control" button through the antenna on the connected ship (that is now part of the base grid) and in your suit.

3) if you don't have any (active) antenna at all on the base grid, nor on the ship, you can not use the "Control" button using other control panels.

4) same goes for your personal antenna. If you have antennas on both grids (ship and base) active, but you would turn off your suit antenna, the "Control" button would not work.

5) it can be accessed through cockpits etc. That is all right.

So please... take into account all of these conditions and try again. You can double check if there is anything wrong, if the searchlight would work differently in some cases e.g. to turret.

Please let me know, if after passing these information, everything is also working for you fine, or you still think that there might be something wrong?

If yes, can you share me a video of the problem happening on your side with some steps to reproduce, please?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrey,

Thank you so much for your response

It seems you rare right about antenna.

At least the bug didn't show up anymore after i placed the antenna on the base grid, so i probably shouldn't be naming it "bug", even though developers could add the information about antenna into the searchlight description.

Thank you for your help!

photo

Hello, David,

thank you for your reply.

Happy to hear that you were able to solve this problem on your side as well.

Since there is nothing more to help you with, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you observe/experience any other problem with the game.

Thank you for your understanding.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file