Sound block

Anders Hovland shared this bug 30 days ago
Won't Fix

Could you look into the range adjustment for the sound block?

I can set it to 1m and I still hear the sound 50m away.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Anders,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

However, when I tried it on my side, I was not able to reproduce this problem. Can you please share more information on this?

Once I build a properly powered grid, set the Sound block to play any music/sound, set the Range... everything was working on my side. I moved the slider to 1m, I was not able to hear music any further. That same goes for 10m, 20m, 50m etc... always measured by using the custom GPS exactly on the place of the Sound block.

Worked fine for me both – with the Arcade sound mode and also with the Realistic sound settings.

Can you please tell me if you are using any mods of that affected world? If yes, can you maybe try the same on vanilla (no mods) game, please to see if the issue is the same for you on non-modded world as well?

If you are experiencing this problem on world that do not use any mods, can you please share me a video recording (with sound) of this problem happening on your side, and also provide me the affected save?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Oh I’m terrible sorry for not answering, I forgot all about it. I Don’t think was a problem with the sound block at all. Only a bug in my game. I started a new game just to test out the sound block and it worked fine then.

Anders

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file