Frostbite scenario - save, exit, load game, no objectives 2024

lowww shared this bug 31 days ago
Not a Bug

Hello,

When I save / load the frostbite mission... I lost the objectives, they don't appear anymore in the upper left part of the screen...

Restart PC (Microsoft approach) did not help.

The issue exists 2 years minimum - no fixes...

I do not expect REAL fix form the support and THE COMPANY. I just report the bug to help other people to understand that they are not alone...

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, lowww!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

We tried to replicate this issue on our side (on both previous and current game versions) but we didn't experience the issue. Could you kindly provide us with more information about this issue?

Did you experience this issue when loading old or new world/scenario saves as well?

Does the world/scenario save where you experienced this issue modded (has any active MODs/Scripts)? If so, could you start a new Frostbite scenario without having any MODs/Scripts and see if the issue persists?

If the issue still occurs, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the world/scenario save file, alongwith the log file from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

> Does the world/scenario save where you experienced this issue modded (has any active MODs/Scripts)?

Yes.

> If so, could you start a new Frostbite scenario without having any MODs/Scripts and see if the issue persists?

The product without next MODs and Script is almost useless:

In-game script is enabled.

Automatic LCDs 2

Isy's Inventory Manager

MODs:

Autofill Bottles

Automatic Doors & Airlocks

Automatic Ore Pickup

Build Info

Build Vision 3.0

Colorful Icons (AI could create the colored icons in 2024, but the product developers could not...)

Easy Block Renaming Extra

Ganymede Tech - All

hud compass - fixed directions

Speed Limit

Undo

I do not expect drill and weld forever. I prefer do more interesting and creative things.

Do you need my save still?

Regards,

Customer

photo

Hello, lowww!

Thank you for sharing further updates.

It is quite possible the issue you have been experiencing could be occurring because of MODs and Scripts. Please note, that we don't and can't provide support for MODs/Scripts, as there are plenty of them out there, and it is the creators reportability to keep their MODs/Scripts updated and compatible with the game's latest version.

Just to to be certain, that the issue is occurring because of MODs/Scripts, please start a new/fresh Frostbite scenario and check if the issue persists over there as well. If the issue does not occur in the new vanilla scenario, the issue is likely caused by active MODs/Scripts, and unfortunately, in that case, we are unable to provide further assistance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

Please read my message again:

1. I do not expect REAL fix form the support and THE COMPANY.

2. The product without MODs and Script is almost useless.

Do you REALLY think that customers could like gray icons, leak of BASIC functionality?

I prefer do not use the scenario in conditions that I have to use horse instead of car (no MODs instead MODs + in-game script).

I surprised that even MODs and in-game script are available.

No regards

Not satisfied customer.

photo

you KNOW modding can break the game so its only your fault.. Them scenarios are not supposed to be modded

photo
photo

Hello, Iowww,

thank you for your reply.

Sorry to hear that you do not like to play the game without mods.

However, as my colleague pointed out, we do not provide support for mods as such. As there are hundreds and probably thousands of them out there, it is just not possible for us to support those in general. It is – and always has been – the mod creator/owner responsibility to make sure that their mod is working fine with the current version of the game.

There is all sorts of possible problems coming out from mods and their various combinations.

If you are not able to reproduce this problem on freshly started vanilla (no mods) game, then there is nothing I can do for you here. Please try to either play the game with fewer mods that you know are working, or you would need to pin-point the one broken mod (or some combination that is making problems).

You can do so for example by starting the game new, without mods, and just add them later, when loading, back one by one. And you should be able to find those, that are not working properly (or at least not with this scenario).

Then, if you like, you can approach the creator/owner and let them know about this problem.

Since there is nothing more I can help you with, I will close this thread now.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file