resolution locked and wont change

Morten Sørensen shared this bug 31 days ago
Won't Fix

long story short.

i can use any resolution up to 1920.

above that nothing exist ingame.

tried manual change cfg file to my new 2560x1440

game just overwrites it back to 1920.

tried delete the whole roaming folder, same result.

dont know what else to do.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Morten,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information on this subject?

First of all, can you please tell me if your screen is actually supporting any larger resolution as a whole? What resolution are you using natively when available (in Windows in general, in other games...)?

What exactly is happening when you run the game and try to change the resolution there from the "Main menu – Option – Display"? Is there a correct screen selected? Are all other settings in this category working? Can you please show me on video how this settings screen looks on your end in comparison to the overall resolution of your PC (Windows)?

Please also do share me a log files from the game. You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers. Please share me both – the SpaceEngineers one as well as the VRageRender one.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I can use resolutions up to 4k, so seems like you may be in windowed mode or something, did you also check to see if your desktop goes higher than HD? or boot the game while windows was in 4k?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file