Controller Help for possible non steam issue

Derpy Turtle shared this bug 36 days ago
Solved

I can use my controller triggers for placing and removing blocks but I'm unable to when shooting, aiming (in FPS), or locking (while in a vehicle). I have already disabled "steam overlay" and "steam input". I also tried different controllers, from an official Xbox series x/xbox One controller and an unofficial Xbox series x/xbox one controller.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Derpy Turtle!

Thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

Did it work properly some time in the past, or you just started to play and thus experience this problem from the very beginning?

If it worked in SE in the past, was there something that you changed recently and the controller started to malfunction after that? Are you able to revert back to the original state (revert some updates that were applied, uninstall any 3rd party SW that could interact with the controller...)?

Do you have any (even other) problems with these tested controllers in other games, or they do work properly there?

Is the controller properly selected in the game settings; Options – Controls – Controller Selection? Try to Disable it here, with mouse and keyboard close the game, connect the controller, run the game, and from Main menu, go to set your controller in the settings again. Is it working any better now?

You can also try these steps, if you are willing:

1) On your PC, open Control panel, switch to Large Icons

2) Go to Devices and Printers

3) Right click on the gamepad and open 'Game Controller settings'

4) Select the controller and press 'Advanced' button

5) Select 'Controller (Xbox One For Windows)' as preferred device

6) Press 'Ok' button

Please also try to delete you configuration file from your PC. You can access this files (as others from the game) by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers. By deleting the "SpaceEngineers.cfg" file, your game configuration will be deleted and created anew once you run the game again.

You might also want to review again the setting of the controller in the Steam: Library – right click on SE – Properties – Controller. Mine looks like this when I have the controller connected and working in the game. Please try to mimic my settings here as well. See image.

Please let me know if anything from above works for you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yes, it was working in the past but I unfortunately don't know what caused the issue. I just tried the control panel steps and it is already the preferred device. I just tried resetting my config (deleting and restarting the game) and IT WORKED!!! I have a minor issue where both inputs fight over each other while playing but just "cntrl alt del" but not actually opening task manager (going back to the game) worked. Thank you so much <3 :p I no longer need help (I hope SE 2 brings an in-game solution)

photo

Hello, Derpy Turtle,

thank you so much for your reply with the update on your side.

Happy to hear that it is now working better for you.

Since there is no further assistance needed regarding this, I will close this thread now.

Please feel free to open new thread should you observe/experience any other problem with the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file