GPU Crash error

Erin Jacob Carl shared this bug 37 days ago
Won't Fix

I tried to play space engineers today but i got an error/crash saying "Your GPU is overheating or is malfunctioning" my GPU is not overheating nor is it malfunctioning i have checked my windows reliability monitor and found no issue im not sure where to go from here

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Erin Jakob Carl,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information, about the current situation on your side, please?

When exactly the game crashes? When starting, when already loaded and in Main menu, when trying to load to any world/join game, or when already playing?

Has the game worked for you properly before?

Please try these general workarounds that helps most of the players to solve most of the issues. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if any of these steps helped you and you are now able to play the game. If not, can you please reply to my questions above and also provide me a log file from the game?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file