Not showing blocks on hud bug

Markus Fjellheim shared this bug 39 days ago
Need More Information

How to re-create:

Go creative mode.

Create a reactor (for power), antenna and a block like a thruster.

Set antenna to enable broadcasting.

Set show on hud for the thruster.

Now you should see the name of the thruster on the hud.

Copy paste the grid using ctrl c and v.

Now the show on hud is broken, you cannot see it anymore, even if you try to change the settings.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Markus,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

When I did follow these steps, there was no issue on my side, actually. Please take a look on my image and see that both grids are still showing selected blocks on HUD; the original one as well as the one paste from the clipboard.

Can you please provide me a video showing this problem on your side, with the steps leading to this state captured there, and share me the affected save file as well, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I recorded a session where the bug occured. Notice that the bug only happens sometimes not always. I am not sure what makes it happen and what makes it not happen but in the video you can see it happen twice. Maybe it has something to do with the timing of when I copy and paste it. If I save the world then reloads it, the bug will dissapear, but I still left a copy of my world save. But really check the video to see the bug in action.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file