Large Cargo Container Despawned After Dying

Paul A. shared this bug 40 days ago
Won't Fix

I am playing the Lone Survivor scenario on my local machine. I had a large cargo container attached to my base. When I died, I respawned in a spawn ship and when I got back to my base, the container and everything in it was gone. I was unable to find and load a previous save before this happened.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Paul!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you please specify whether you are playing in single-player mode or on a Dedicated Server (DS) hosted on your machine?

For single-player worlds, you can access all backups and previous saves by navigating to Load Game, selecting the saved world file from the list, and then opening the Backups section from the left panel. Here, you can load previous saves until you locate the one with the lost cargo container.

For DS world's save, go to \AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves, locate the save file (it will be a folder with the world name), copy/paste this folder to any other location/drive just in case you break it, then follow the below steps ;

- From the SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves folder, open that world save folder.

- Go to the "Backup" folder" that will be in the world folder.

- Open the backup you need > the most recent or older.

- Copy the content of that folder, so copy all in.

- Return to the main save folder, the one with the world name, open it, and paste the new backup in there

- You will see a popup window asking for a confirmation and click replace all.

- Now you have a backup ready to load with the same world name.

- Open Dedicated Server Manager, from the Saved Worlds list, select the world and click on the Save & Start button to setup the server.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for the help! I am playing in single player mode on my machine. Thank you for the location of additional back up files, I will keep that in mind for the future. I went ahead and rebuilt the container, but in a different place, but still wanted to report that bug in.

photo

Hello, Paul!

Thank you for sharing further update.

We are pleased to hear that you have rebuilt the container and that our information has helped you locate the backup files.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance from our side, or if we could close this thread for now.

Kind regards,

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file