H2 (fuel, gas) from subgrid tank isnt passing (AI related)

Michal Vodicka shared this bug 40 days ago
Duplicate

Issue

Fuel from tank on large grid doesnt pass to small grid thrusters/tanks. Items do pass thru using same conveyor.

Replication

I did try to strip everything unrelated from the grid: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3194487922

It is the second time I have ecountered this issue.

I replicate the issue in different worlds/after restart on this grid.

Problem seems to be related to the AI blocks. Without AI blocks, you might not replicate.

Details

• Tanks on small grid are set to stockpile.
  • Large tank on large grid is not on stockpile.
  • Conveyor clearly connected to the thruster.
  • Back thruster is set on override and is on.
  • Fuel from Large tank isnt consumed and thruster is not working.
  • All AI blocks are set to "AI off"

After I switch AI flight to "AI on", I see visual flame from back thruster, but there is no fuel usage from Large tank (or any other).

Striping the grid from many other blocks (such as all AI blocks, warhead, tanks etc. ) did not fix the issue.

Trying to recreate similar grid without AI blocks works -> tanks are fueled.

This grid has been working before, it has stopped work properly at some point, which I was unable to identify.

On some different grid where I had same issue, I have managed to fix it somehow with playing AI blocks. That makes me think the issue is AI blocks related. But I'm unaware of exact process of reproduction.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Michal,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Thank you also for providing the affected blueprint.

After closer investigating it and comparing it to the other thread's issue, I also think that these are similar if not the same, because you are using sorters in your build.

Sadly, we would need to wait till the shared thread if fixed (commented and moved to Solved status), to see if this one was also indeed due to same error, or it is something different and would need some more investigation afterwards.

I will close this thread now as Duplicate.

Please follow the shared thread for any new information, comments and possible fix coming.

If that issue will be fixed, but you will still be experiencing this problem, please open new thread and provide information about the current state on your side.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file