Freezing inside the game

Jonas Hermansson shared this bug 41 days ago
Won't Fix

Hello.

I have an issue where my game freeze for 30 sec or so when im playing, character and everything stops. But i can move my mouse and i can see grass, sun, thrusters moving but i can not click on anything. Just have to wait until it works again. And this is happening every 5-10 min. And it does also freeze in the main menu.

I have tested pretty much everything..

Fresh install of my game

Removed mods

Verified files

Removed shader, cfg

Replaced VRage.Library.dll and VRage.Platform.Windows from mod sdk

Updated all my drivers

Added the game as exception on my anti virus program

When i noticed this problem then i saw i had another graphics driver, so i have tested an old and a new driver and both have problems.

I found one strange thing, I tried to pull out my internet cable and then i was able to play without any issues for a while. After that i connected my pc to internet and tried but the freezes continued.

I did stop/close all programs that was open but it still froze.

Not sure what i can do anymore? I do have a stable Fiber internet.

All other games that i have works fine without any problems.

Got some feedback on steam that more players have this problem with RTX?

i need help...

Pc specs:

i7-10700F

RTX 3070

32g Ram

Windows 10

1TB SSD

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Jonas,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

I can see that you did pretty much everything that we suggest as general workarounds. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam - done
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file - done
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - done
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it - seems you didn't do this. Can you please try?
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017 – please check that you have most up-to-date version.
  • Update graphic drivers - you did that, but there is no harm in trying to check again. So please also do so.
  • Reinstall the game - please make sure you do completely new installation. While you wrote that, I am not sure you actually did that. So can you please confirm that by "fresh install of the game" you mean that you indeed did clear installation with deleting all possible leftover files (after the initial uninstall from Steam) from all the places, where game saves some data (both "C:\Users\<your_name>\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers")? Or did you just uninstall and reinstall the game using Steam? If the second option, please make sure that you try also this clear installation.
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If anything from the above list works for you, please let me know.

If not, can you please specify what is actually happening? This problem that you are experiencing is around for some time for you (can you estimate how long?), or it just started to happen recently?

Does that happen in every game that you try and play (new one, loading previous save)?

Does this problem happens also in completely vanilla game for you (no mods), right from the start? Or only in games that have or had mods in them, and it is happening also after you got these mods out? Or does this problem happens also completely without any mods whatsoever?

Can you please try to let the cable in your PC, but switch Steam to Offline mode and try to play like this? Beware that in Offline mode, game uses different path for saves so you won't be able to continue your games from when Online except you would move them from "Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\<your_steam_id>" to "Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\1234567891011" folder manually.

Please let me know if the problem can be also observed in Offline mode, but still connected with cable to your internet.

It would also help if you can please share a log file from your game from any affected game session.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Please make sure that you share some from the affected game session and try to specify around what time the issue happened.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file