vertical axis changing in world

jthill shared this bug 45 days ago
Need More Information

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3189340650

I swear that base was built on level ground, but when I enter it now I'm 5-ish degrees tilted and nothing I do fixes it. I see very old reports of this, but nothing recent.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, jthill,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing and we are sorry that it is happening to you in a first place.

Can you please provide me more information? What exactly is it that you actually request with this save/grid?

If you think that the grid did move by itself and you don't like the outcome, you can always use the auto-save back-up files, if you have the auto-save enabled in the game settings. To see if there are any, please navigate yourself into the Load game menu, choose you game (Un Sang Impur) and on the left hand side you can see menu with option for that one particular save. If you click on the Backups button, you will be redirected to the directory with previous saves and you should be able to load any of the previous saves you want, for example in a time where this problem didn't occur yet.

Other method how you can save and re-paste you grid is by using blueprint of it. You can do so by hitting <Ctrl> + <B>. By that you will create a blueprint of the grid which you will be able to paste again anywhere you want in the world (or into other worlds as well).

You can paste blueprint by opening the Blueprint menu (F10) and choosing the blueprint you want to paste into the world. You might also want to turn on the Creative tools so you can paste the blueprint again, if you are playing the game in Survival. You can do so by pressing <Alt> + <F10> and enable the "Enable creative mode tools". You can disable this option once you move the grid on a location that you want.

Please let me know if any of these methods helped you, or if not, can you please reply to the questions above and specify what resolution are you expecting?

It would be best if you can provide me a clean set of steps to reproduce that I can follow on my side. Are there any like these, please? Are there any set steps that led to this state? Or was it/is it just a one time problem for you now?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sorry I wasn't clear. When I enter this world, my avatar's vertical is no longer the same as the world's apparent vertical, It's disorienting and unpleasant. I'm rotated sideways some. Nothing I placed has moved, everything's right where I left it, but I'm leaning.

Toggle the jetpack, still leaning. Stop/restart the game, still leaning. Recover from the next-most-recent backup, still leaning.

The report's a heads-up, if this had happened later in the world with a lot of say event controller design experiments going on it'd be pretty bad, I'd have to salvage what I could with blueprints and an entirely new world. I play survival 1-1-1-1-1-1, I'd call that dispiriting, to say the least.

Ideally I'd like you to find what got glitched in the save and fix it, and either find what led to the symptom and fix that so it doesn't happen again or add a consistency check so if it *does* happen again the game notices immediately, making it that much easier to identify the cause. I get that this doesn't happen often and those can be a cast-iron bitch to solve, but seeing the earlier reports (I searched space engineers the world is tilted now) gave me hope that someone might remember fixing something and it's a simple regression.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file