Game Wont Launch

Andrew McMahon shared this bug 48 days ago
Won't Fix

When launching the game it goes up to to the point "Stop" appears on steam however nothing opens, then it closes completely. I know I'm able to run the game as I have played it before, but recently this issue has appeared.

I have checked my event viewer and found this info but im not sure what i have to do to fix the issue

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Andrew!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Please try the following workaround that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game

If the issue still occurs after trying the above steps, please send us the game log file and also the Windows Event Viewer log from the time the issue occurred.

• You can access your game log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In the Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file