Dedicated Server Issue

Play Making shared this bug 48 days ago
Won't Fix

Hello Keen,

I am reaching out as I am repeatedly running into this issue and no documentation I review seems to fix this issue.

- Everytime I start my Dedicated Server on my Windows 2019 Server OS, 12900k, it throws this error: Server was stopped.System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SpaceEngineersDSGUI_20240314_151437109.log' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Sandbox.MyErrorReporter.TrySendReport(String logName, String gameId, String email, String feedback, CrashInfo info, String reportType, IEnumerable`1 files)

I have tried updating my Microsoft Distributables, set up .NET, nothing seems to work, can I get some guidance on this?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Play Making!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you please provide more information regarding this issue?

Were there any MODs/Plugins active on your server? If so, they might be causing interference with the server setup. We recommend removing/disabling all MODs/Plugins and attempting to set up the server again.

If the issue persists after removing all MODs/Plugins, please send us the complete server log file. Additionally, please also confirm whether the server crashed completely or got stuck in a reloading loop at the time the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Play Making,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file