Unable to Upload to Steam

Peter Burr shared this bug 48 days ago
Won't Fix

For almost a year I have been unable to upload any blueprints to the steam workshop. I always get the Steam: Error Accessing Service message (As seen in first attachment). A workshop entry is apparently being created at time of the attempts, but the entry has 0 kb of data (see second attachment). I bought a new PC, did a fresh install of Steam and SE and I am still unable to upload. I have verified that the thumbnail is only 5kb (well below allowed limit), I have verified all files as well. I am attempting to start-up my own community server and I really need to figure out how to resolve this issue first.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Peter!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you please confirm whether you own the game or are accessing it through Family Sharing? This information is crucial as it might affect your Steam workshop privileges.

If you own the game, could you specify if the publishing issue is limited to a specific blueprint(s) or if you're unable to publish any blueprints on the Steam workshop?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share the blueprint you're experiencing issues with publishing so that we can investigate it further on our end.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I do own the game as well as all dlc's. It is not specific to any blueprint. I've tried many different grid blueprints and world saves. I always get the same issue. Most recently I am trying to upload a world save to the workshop for testing a new community server. I have attached the world save file I am trying to publish.

photo

Hello, Peter!

Thank you for providing us with further information and the world save file.

We have successfully published your shared world save on the Steam Workshop, however, it is possible that the issue occurred at your end because you might have the in-game Cloud option enabled. To check this, from the game's main menu, go to Options > Game, and then disable/uncheck the Cloud option (please find the attached image for reference). Once you have disabled the Cloud option, click the OK button to save the changes, exit/restart the game, and try publishing the same world save again.

If you still aren't able to publish the world save, please send us the log from the time when this issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file