Hinge not transferring items

Morphy shared this bug 50 days ago
Won't Fix

(Image attached of problem described below)

Stone (any item really) will not move through hinges to the container at the end of the hinges. If the connector, on the other end of the hinges, is set to "collect all", all items move from the vehicle to the connector and no further. If I manually bypass the hinges and place stone directly into the container, said stone will immediately be taken and refined as normal for any grid-connected storage.

I see this issue with large-grid connectors has occurred before, roughly 6 months ago but the ticket was closed without resolution a month after that. The final comment was to reopen a ticket if the problem reoccurs, which it has I guess?

Running version 1.203.6

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Morphy!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

After reviewing the image you provided, it seems the world where you have experienced this issue is modded (has active MODs). Could you kindly check if the issue persists in the vanilla world (with no active MODs or Plugins) as well?

If it does, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the vanilla world save file where we can reproduce this issue, and the log from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves. If the world is on a Dedicated server, the save file can be found in the AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves folder.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I believe I may have been hasty and apologize for reporting a bug when it was completely user error.

After tearing down the hinges and going a different route(*), I decided to revisit the hinges and rebuild with creative mode. Of course the hinges work as intended. I can only assume I had not built the hinges fully in survival mode since the mods are unchanged. I had used the fully articulated hinge directly from the tool menu as advised but seem to have missed something when welding it all up-- most likely the inner hinge part needed welding, or some extra part to be added, but the hitbox of the outer hinge always took priority leaving me to think I was done when it read 100% and rotated on command.

(*) I used a fixed connector and (squatted) adjusted the wheel clearance on my vehicle to join the two with the X key... After launching the light vehicle several blocks into the air to my horror, I then found out a safer way to adjust wheel height but it was still clunky and not as elegant as the hinges.

photo

Hello, Morphy!

Thank you for providing additional updates.

Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved on your end? If it has, we can proceed to close this thread. However, if you're still encountering the issue, feel free to share any further information about your experience.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Morphy,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file