Solved a bug joining multiplayer games! [already connected]

Dustyn Anthony shared this bug 47 days ago
Solved

I was in a cockpit when the server crashed due to memory error (not enough ram). We decided to upgraded our ram (we are on hosthavok), The world was wiped by the owner by mistake during the upgrade process, I joined the newly empty world, I backed out, then host havok support staff rolled us onto a backup right before the crash.

I assume that when I tried to join, my game was trying to load the new world files, the server assumed I was still in the cockpit, so when I connected, my game crashed to desktop xD

The server logs kept saying I was already connected and my game would crash

I solved the problem by deleting my space engineers folder in %appdata% roaming.

I was only abled to find 3 previous similar cases and one of them said Keen hasn't been abled to replicate the bug. Maybe keen will get some usefull information out of this report.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Dustyn!

Thank you for contacting us.

We're glad to hear that you have been able to solve the issue on your own. We appreciate you for sharing the workaround with us, as it will be helpful for other players experiencing similar issues.

Since there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you observe/experience any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file