My terrain respawns after digging out a lot and building underground

Nicolas Poeppich shared this bug 58 days ago
Won't Fix

I do not know why, but after I dug out a huge hole to build a underground base and reloading my world, every bit of stone respawned, entombing my base. I am in the most current version and the only mods are new planets. There is nothing crazy I built, as I just started.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Nicolas,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please share me more information?

What game mode are you referring to? Are you playing in single player, with some other players online in Lobby mode (who is the admin/host here?), or on dedicated server that you (or any of your friends) are running yourself? On other community dedicated server, or Keen official one?

Can you please tell me if you have in this world, where you experience this problem, changed any of the settings, when launching/starting or even when loading/playing this particular save? Mainly the "Alt + F10 – Trash Removal – Voxels" menu. Or you believe that this setting is still the basic one (5000 meters away from any player/(powered) grids)? Can you check your settings there, in this menu, please?

Have the base that you were building had the power On and enough of it to keep the base running? Did you get away from the base to some distance, or logged off right at it/next to it?

Did you experience this problem also in another world, where there are no mods at all? Can you please try?

This might sound like a silly question, but... you have saved the world before reloading it, right?

Because when you write "reload" that can also be the F5 (quick load) function without actually saving anything.

So is this issue present on your end when you play the game, save it, close it and return to this session some other time/day, load it and the issue is present? Or when some other steps are followed?

Can you please share me the affected save file?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file