Others can't spawn on my world.

Egg shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

Whenever someone tries joining my world, they are able to play for a while, then at some point they aren't able to respawn and are just stuck in space with no respawn menu. When they are stuck here, they usually don't show up in the character list in the admin menu. This has happened on saves with and without mods, and with different people hosting.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Egg,

thank you for reaching our forum and we are sorry that you are experiencing this problem.

Can you please exactly specify what is going on? In the text, you most of the time speak about "your" server... but in the end, there is this part: "...different people hosting."

So who is actually really hosting the server? You, or some of the other people/players? Or are you sharing the server save file and various people are hosting it through the time?

What type of server is it? Are you playing the game in the Lobby multiplayer, or using the Dedicated server app?

Single player game is still working as expected, once the client is observing this problem in the multiplayer?

How does the issue propagate itself in the game, please? Once the player/client is affected, he is not able to connect to the server, right? Does this state goes off by itself with some time, is it permanent, or e.g. valid till the server restart?

Is this issue happening only (happening the most) to some specific players/clients, or it is random and can affect anyone on the server(s)? How many people are affected (approximately if you can tell)?

Are you playing with some stable group of people, or trying to play with random players?

When the client is affected, is he able to connect to other servers in that time; for example any of the Keen Official servers? Or he is not able to connect to any online game from the Join menu? Can you please try?

Can you tell in what time this issue start to happen? When the players are online and for example using the Backspace to respawn, or when logging back in after being offline for some time? Did their characters died?

Can you please possibly share me the log files? In this case, I would need both logs – the server one and also at least one from any of the affected clients.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers or \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated respectively for logs from clients and from the server (if you are using dedicated server).

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file