Lost Colony No Visable ammo in Turrets

Chad Rowley shared this bug 2 months ago
Solved

Hello, I was playing The Lost Colony. Hacking the turrets to get the ammunition from them, there is no ammo in the inventory of the interior turrets, but the turrets will still shoot. Also the fire doesn't show clearly letting you know the turret is disable. a patch would be much appericated if you have the chance, Thank you.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Chad,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

However, when I tried it on my side, I was able to hack the interior turrets and when built again, I can see the ammo in the block's inventory. Please see my attached image.

Can you please provide me more information?

Is this game that you are playing new one (current version), or you are using some old save that you loaded after some time?

Do you play this same in single player mode, or in Lobby/multiplayer?

Do you have any active mods on the affected save? If yes, is the issue still present even after you take these mods out?

If the problem is appearing on one specific save that you are playing on, can you please try to start the Lost Colony scenario anew (without any mods) and check if the issue is the same even on newly created vanilla game.

If you still would be seeing this problem, can you please share me the affected save file where this issue can be observed?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for checking into this issue. The first time i was playing with a couple of mods that i always use like sneaky sounds, colorful icons, build info, and build vision, so i did delete that daze and tried a vanilla and had the same problem during these tries of playing the game had really bad lag. So what I did was deleted the saved game and started a new one after I closed a background web browser. Then everything started to work good. And the most of the turrets had ammo, except a couple but they never shot at me. The only thing that makes sense to me is that with the open browser Steam was unable to load my game properly and closing it fixed the problem. Thank you so much for the quick reply and all the you people do at keen. This is by far one of my favorite games. Thank-you again.

photo

Hello, Chad,

thank you for your reply.

Happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing the issue on the newly started world.

It is actually quite possible that once you started the game with the mods/added them later, when playing, they got written and saved into the other game's files, like the game configuration, settings etc, and once you tried to delete these mods, the functionality was no longer working, because while the mods themselves were removed from the game, the configuration and settings data could possibly still try to be using the old (modded) version; which obviously is no longer there. And the game refused to work properly.

Since there is no issue on the new unmodded world, and the game is working as expected on your side, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you observe/experience any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file