using IMyPlayer.Kill() softlocks the player killed on Keen Dedicated Server

Flatulent_Moth shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

kinda what it says on the tin, when calling IMyPlayer.Kill() the player affected will be killed and unable to access the respawn menu when on a world hosted via the Keen Dedicated Server Software.

Strangely, this does not happen when the world is hosted p2p or in singleplayer worlds.

Replies (3)

photo

follow-up, since I kinda was an idiot and din't put enough time into what I was talking about.

This can only be observed when IMyCharacter.Kill() (I made a typo earlier) is run client-side in any multiplayer session. This can be easily fixed by running Kill() on the server side.

So I guess this is kind a non-bug

photo

Hello, Flatulent_Moth!

Thank you for writing to us.

We are glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue on your own. However, we would like to ask when you experienced the player soft lock issue were you trying to run a MOD or Script on the client/server side that involved IMyCharacter.Kill() function? Also, could you please explain how using the Kill() function resolved the issue?

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file