Cockpits and control seats kicks players from server

Metehan shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, I'm trying to play on a server with my friends, but everytime I try to use a cockpit, they are kicked, or anybody in the server that uses cockpits makes my friends getting kicked as well, they too when they enter a vehicle gets kicked, we tried everything from reinstalling the game, unsubscribing the mods, reinstalling windows, none of them are working.

(you can see at the bottom, my friend gets kicked as soon as I enter a cockpit)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Metehan,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

What server is it exactly? Are you playing on server in Lobby mode, or dedicated server? If so, is this server our own (your run it using the SE Dedicated server app), any of the Keen official servers, or any other community one?

Since you are mentioning mods, are you experiencing the same problem on vanilla (no mods) server as well?

Or only on this server, with or without mods?

Please note that we do not provide support for mods. It is the owner/creator responsibility to make sure the mods are working correctly with the current game version.

The best for the investigation of this issue would be if you can reproduce this problem on server (Lobby, dedicated) without any mods. If you succeed, can you please share me the steps that let to this stage?

Also if you can share any additional information; like: does it happen to random players all around the server, or are they limited somehow (same faction, using cockpit at the same time, being owner of the grid)? Does it happen with any grid that you try it with? Once this problem start to happen, is it then happening non-stop, or just once and then it needs to be triggered again... ? Any other information that you can share might help me.

It would be also good if you can provide me the logs. Both – from the affected clients (and mark the time when they were kicked) and also the one from the server itself, if you have access to it.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers(Dedicated).

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

it is a server called Alehouse Planetary server, it has like 38 mods. we are not experiencing it in vanilla or other modded servers so this could be a mod issue.

we tried to reproduce this problem but it didn't happen, and the server owners are not willing to share the logs for our problem.

it is happening again and again when it starts, the other players doesn't get affected by it but my 2 teammates gets kicked whenever they are inside a cockpit (somtimes, when the server is not very populated it happens very less then it is when populated) we discovered the other day that, even me entering a cockpit causes them to get kicked if they are in a control seat, or a cockpit as well, even the cryopods.

I tried to look for a log file in local, found something but i don't know if it is useful, my friend copied it when he got kicked.

photo

Hello, Metehan,

thank you for your reply.

Sadly, I would need the other log (name SpaceEngineers_(date)_(time)). However, I suspect that there would not be anything usable anyway as all the valuable information are most likely held by the logs from the server. But please try to provide me those as well so I can check. The log from the server would be the best in this situation.

Or if you and you friend(s) would be able to reproduce this problem on vanilla world. You can try Lobby mode or on dedicated server.

Since the server itself is using mods, it is really possible that the issue is due to mod. Or mods (two, three...) interaction in general.

It would be the best if you would be able to reproduce this problem on vanilla world/save.

Kind Regards

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file