Cyclical micro stutter that appears getting worse has time progresses despite solid 60 fps

Pedro Brito Lima shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

PC specs: i7 14700KF / RTX 4070TI / 32 RAM ddr4 / 1 T SSD /windows 11 / full HD monitor at 60Hz

This is a brand new pc yet i am having the exact same issue i had on my old i5 4690k/ GTX960 / 16GB ram ddr3.

The issue is has follows. Despite the solid 60fps on whatever graphical settings being used i get this micro stutter that starts creeping in til it gets really noticeable after some time playing with no dips in fps. It eventually goes away but it stays like that for some time. (Every world i create) This is cyclical and the only way to stop this micro stutter is to alt tab the game and back in but the issues still persists and comes back again until i alt tab again and back in and so on. The pc is brand new yet it has the exact same issue has my last "potato" build. This is annoying and since it is persisting in a brand new PC that is more than capable of running Space Engineers i decided to try and address this issue directly to keen software since i cannot find any solution or any decent help after searching the web.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Pedro,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

Can you please try these general workarounds/fixes?

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

These solve most of the issues for most of the players. And even if they won't help you straight away, it is good to know that all of this was done as a baseline.

Please let me know if there is any change in the behavior after performing these steps. If not, can you please share me a log file from any affected game session?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Have done all the above workarounds/fixes and the problem still persists.

Will add that i'm using full HD 60Hz and using no mods. Have monitored using shift F11, sim speed, fps and ups are constants no dips even when the stutter appears and there are no changes to the rest. I'll reinforce to that this happens in any world i create. Changing graphical settings makes no difference.

photo

Are these the log files?

photo
photo

Also the alt tab thing works on fullscreen. In fullscreen widowed alt tab does not work but pressing esc makes it stops at the beginning but eventually the stutter arives full force and pressing esc does not make it stop anymore and the cycle continues.

= this issue appeared out of nowhere about a year ago on my old setup. In my old computer, played more than 1000 hours and had no issues related to this till this issue appeared when i decided to play SE again. This brand new PC setup exact same problem.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file