trying to recover my world from steam workshop

Chris Canniff shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

hello and good day to you this is but a request for which it is a long shot but if its possible then might as well ask. i have and old world build. from the steam work shop and i have tried so many ways of trying to get the file to work in space engineers only for it to say its corrupted. can you help me try and recreate the world where this ship that i built can be exported in the newer space engineer? here is the link to the steam workshop where the file lies. thank you for your time in reading this message and have a great day.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291154049

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing to us.

To recover your ship from the corrupted world save, you can use SEToolBox. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Visit the corrupted/shared world's save on its Steam Workshop page.
  2. Scroll down and click on 'Download' to save the files.
  3. Once downloaded, extract the files.
  4. Install SEToolBox and launch the program.
  5. Go to File > Open > Browse and Click/Open select the downloaded/extracted world save's Sandbox file.
  6. Find the ship from the Craft/Objects list you want to recover.
  7. Click on the ship's name and then select 'Export' from the top row.
  8. Choose 'Export as Blueprint' and save it.

After completing these steps, you can launch the game and paste/use the recovered ship's blueprint into the new or existing world. You can also find the blueprint of the ship in the \AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints\local folder.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues or if you successfully recover and use the ship's blueprint in the new world.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file