Projector taking PCU upon "PCU Limited Reached" and not returning it.

Troy Barnes shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

Building a ship, I reach PCU limit and get "PCU limit error" - Working as intented.

Projector turns off after this, but PCU from projector DOES NOT get removed from my PCU count (Like it should when turning it on and off) The projector PCU remains even after I grind the projector. This can be confirmed by counting the PCU in the Info tab.

Only solution is waiting for the 4 hourly restart on the server I play. This also accumulates even if I use the hangar mod, and free up some PCU to continue building. I can have 40k of PCU in the info tab, and 50K of projector/missing PCU. Before server restart 10k available. After restart, 60K PCU available.

To reproduce the problem:

1 ) Build a ship with projector until PCU limit reached.

2 ) Projector turns off, PCU from projector doesn't get removed from PCU count.

3 ) Check info tab to confirm.

Replies (3)

photo

That sounds like a bug and should be reported as such. There is no way in which this is reasonable behavior.

photo

Hello, Troy,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

However, I did not experience the same problem on my side when tried. The PCU worked as expected.

Can you please provide me more information?

First of all – please note that we do not provide support for mods. Since you are mentioning mod(s) on the server you are playing, can you please confirm me that this is also happening in completely vanilla (no mods) game? Are you able to reproduce it in another world as well, or only on this one particular server?

If you are able to reproduce it on different world, it would be best if you would share me the whole affected save file with all the grids already in place.

Also please share me the blueprint of the grid that you are trying to project on the affected projector.

That way, we would have exactly the same environment.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

If you are not able to reproduce it on a single player world or you do not have access to the save files of the server, can you please at least share me the blueprints? Both – the one that has the projector on in and also the one that is being projected.

Can you please also share me a screen recording of the steps that you are taking and are leading to this issue triggering? Please make sure you open G-screen in between the steps so the PCU count is visible in various points of the video.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file