assertion bug when entering new games and old saves

isaiah thayer shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

I had the problem on my world when my game crashed and it closed me out of the game, I loaded back into the game and it was working fine until I got to my save and it soft locked at 91% (I have tried multiple times to access the game and it keeps stopping on 91%) and it locked my computer with an assertion error code stating that over around 43 files were not responding and when I went to get rid of the error it did not allow me to. I do not have a screen shot because it turns off all functions to the computer and even stops me from logging in without restarting my PC, I tried to see if all my games were doing this, it is just space engineers, I know it is not just the save as well because I tried starting a new world and the same error for that as well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, went through all the bug fix videos and suggestions and now I think I will never be able to play again because this has been happening for the past week. KEEN software HOUSE, what do you think is wrong with my edition of the game.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, isaiah,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem. We are sorry that it is happening to you.

Can you please provide me more information?

If I understand it correctly, you are able to launch the game to Main menu, but then any of the world is working for you? When you want to load previously saved game and/or start completely new one?

Are you still able to join any of the servers? Can you try (preferably some Keen official)?

Are these worlds (saved/new one) modded, or you are experiencing this problem even on vanilla (no mods) game?

Since there is no image of that error, are you able to tell me what it is roughly about, please?

Please try these general fixes/workarounds first as they solve most of the problems to most of the players. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if any of these steps solved the problem for you, or whether you are still experiencing this very same problem even after that. Is the issue will still occur, can you please share me a log file from any of the affected game sessions?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Since all your PC is affected after that, it might also be good idea to send me also the log from the Windows Event Viewer. You can find "how to", here, section "When the game does not start and does not produce any log file.":

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file