Game will not run.

Nunyer Bizniz shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

I tell the game to run and steam says that it is but nothing happens.

I have done multiple complete clean installs with no success. The game was working okay until 1300 this afternoon. It is now 1734.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please try these workarounds, that solve most of the issues for most of the players?

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If anything from this would work, can you please share me a log from the game?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

If these won't be none (as the game isn't even fully loading to Main menu), can you please provide me a log from Windows event viewer?

You can find complete "how to" here:

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/

in category "When the game does not start and does not produce any log file."

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file