Piston head's grid detaches when un-merged and projector of own grid is Enabled

StonerJezus shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

I got some wheel suspension on a piston with a merge block to stabilise the ship,

This works amazing.

However:

Whenever I put a projector on my ship with a projection of itself (only show buildable enabled)

it will detach the piston heads grid from the piston head (piston head stays in tact).

This is only when the projector is turned on!

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, StonerJezus,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Can you please provide me more information?

It would help me the most if you can share me the affected blueprint, with which you can reproduce this problem and also enclose the video showing how this problem can be triggered, or write me exact steps how to reproduce the problem, please.

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Dear Keen support,

I sadly can not provide a video, but I put a rar of the blueprint attached to this message.

It's about the front wheel, as soon you enable the projector with a projection of the same grid, the wheel will fall off the piston head after un-merging leaving the piston head in tact.

BP NOTE: If you paste this blueprint in, you might want to do this in the air so it starts flying, as soon it reaches the ground it will automatic extend the landing gear, and a second timer will disable inertia dampeners on the cockpit to keep it on the ground. To lift off, you have to lift beyond that sensors range.

photo

Another note I forgot to put down:

Whenever this bug happens on the dedicated crossplay server I play on, the piston head becomes stuck and the piston base starts moving up and down through blocks, needing a client restart to "fix" that part and make the piston head buildable again.

photo

Any progress on this bug report? I got a clip of a livestream showing my wheel fall off if that helps out, and the piston base moving through blocks:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarkProtectiveYamPRChase-q35z0EyQu9gm_i3F

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file