publish failed steam error accessing service

Simon Bridgman shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

So I've been having this problem for months. I have searched for answers and tried all suggestions but problem persists. I can upload to mod.io but feel that steam is the more accessed platform so would like a solution. Now as I said I can publish to mod.io, which would suggest a problem with steam but there servers show no issues and I have tried a fresh install.

Please anyone help.

Reinstalling steam and space engineers fresh did not work

DNS flush did not work

Unblocked all relevant apps in firewall, also took firewall down, did not work

Cleared caches for steam and space engineers did not work.

Turning it off and on again did not work

Yes it is plugged in and yes it is turned on

Banging my head against the wall, also, did not work

Replies (6)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Simon!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced.

Could you please provide further information about this issue?

Are you attempting to upload a blueprint on Steam with a thumbnail size exceeding 1 MB? If so, please try reducing the thumbnail size to below 1 MB. You can find steps to do this, here (please check the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of the page).

After reducing the thumbnail size, please attempt to upload your item/blueprint to the Steam Workshop again and check if the issue persists.

If your error does not align with the issue described above, please provide us with more information such as when this issue usually occurs, a screen recording/video, or screenshots showing the issue.

Any additional information you can provide regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

I am trying to upload a blueprint from game to steam. I have the same error with every blueprint even tried with a blueprint of a single armor block and got the same issue. I have checked the thumbnail sizes and they are under 1mb and with-in accepted image size.

Not really anything else i can add, apart from not being able to upload creations takes part of the fun out of space engineers for me.

photo

Hello, Simon!

Thank you for sharing further information.

To further attempt to resolve this issue, could you please check if the 'Enable Cloud' option is selected in Options > Game? If it's selected, kindly deselect it, or, if it's not selected, please select/enable it and see if the issue persists.

Additionally, could you kindly confirm whether you followed similar steps when reinstalling Steam as outlined in this thread? Reinstalling Steam following the steps mentioned in the shared thread has resolved a similar issue for a few other players. If you haven't attempted reinstalling Steam as described in the thread, kindly try doing so again.

Please let us know if any of these steps or workarounds resolve the issue for you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

Yes that thread was one of the 1st I found and tried. I have tried with cloud on and off, on a possibly related note if i have steam cloud enabled and try to save/create a blueprint it opens the blueprint window but fails to save any blueprint whether new or replacing.

photo

So ooooo, any answers? I have tried uploading from another computer and this problem still occurs

Leave a Comment

Attach a file