when the server host leaves

Eldosh Coshcosh shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

when the server host leaves before me it kills my character. I can't go to space and end a session if he leaves before me because I will return to base after dying and when I supposedly die the items in my inventory don't appear to be anywhere and that's the least I'm worried about because the whole point is to go to space and I can't even do that. thank you for reading.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Eldosh,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

What exactly is the problem here?

In what mode the server is running? Is it in Lobby mode (with some other player running the server himself) or dedicated server?

From the text it seems that there is actually nothing wrong. Because once the host leaves, he is no more playing the game that was shared to you from his PC, so there is literally no server that you can play on anymore. Because the host closed it.

However, you character should not die, if the host is saving the server before leaving.

Can you please ask your host/admin if he is saving the game properly before leaving, or if autosave is enabled?

If your character dies, there is his backpack floating for some time on the place where the character died. You should be able to retrieve the items there if you can make it fast enough.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file