Refinery does not stop to consume ore if the output inventory is almost full

Nicolas shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

The Refinery consumes ore (tested for stone, iron) and destroys its resulting ingots if the output inventory of the refinery does not have enough space to contain the resulting amount of ingots and if the output inventory is not filled perfectly to its max. (e.g. if the output inventory is at 7,499.99(999) / 7,500.00 L but the produced iron is more than 0.01 L). This happens in a freshly created vanilla world.

This means that modded refineries (e.g. Prometheus XL Production (steam id = 3081129985) with eezo upgrade module (steam id = 772348679)) that refine stone will output a too big amount of ingots to fit into the output inventory and thus effectively only produce some ingots (e.g. nickel and silicon; The other ones (iron and gravel) are discarded and therefore effectively not produced).

A fix would be: calculate the amount of ore that should be refined from the remaining space in the output inventory of the refinery and only refine this amount of ore.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Nicolas,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

However, I seems either not able to reproduce this problem on my end, or I don't fully understand the problem.

As you can see on my image, by adding stones by <10>, I did manage to fill the "out inventory" of the Refinery completely to 7,500.00 while leaving only 8.09 stones in the input inventory. That means that the last bit taken from the added <10> stones was <1.81> (I do have another 30 left in my characters inventory to add if needed).

However, that seem in exact opposite to your findings. Can you please provide me more information?

Can you please share me the save file where this problem can be observed?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also please attach screen recording how does this problem happens on your end, and what steps you are taking, so I can follow exactly.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Steps I took to create this situation:

- filled the cargo with ore

- filled the output inventory of the refinery with ingots from the player inventory

- took some iron ingots (tested with 100, 10, 0.1, 0.01) out of the refinery

The Refinery continues to 'refine' ore, but the ingots that should be created do not appear in any inventory.

This is not only a problem in vanilla (since mined ore is destroyed without producing something), but because it means that modded refineries (from the steam workshop) do not work correctly, as you can see in the attached modded world. With all upgrades the refinery can not produce all ingots anymore since the inventory is not big enough to contain all ingots (same as the vanilla problem, because the produced ingot does not fit in the output inventory and is therefore destroyed).

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file