Music block sounds only in the left ear

Максим Жуков shared this bug 2 months ago
Reported

Good afternoon. We create a clean empty world without mods. We build a power source, we build a music unit.

Any track in the music block sounds only in the left ear, everything was fine before and the problem appeared not so long ago

I will be glad if you correct it. Thank you

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Максим!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly provide further information?

Are you using any third-party audio/sound software that could manipulate the game's audio settings? Are your PC's audio drivers up to date? If not, please update your audio drivers.

Please also check if your operating system is updated to its latest version. If you are using USB/Bluetooth earphones, ensure that their software is also updated.

Once you have updated all drivers and software, launch the game and check if the issue persists.

If it does, please let us know if the audio issue occurs only when playing music on entertainment/music blocks or also with audio when the game launches or during any other in-game background audio/music. Please send us the world save file where you experienced this issue and the log file from the time this occurred at your end.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Well I know everything is up-to-date for drivers, also tested them and all is working normally. >w<

I also did an integrity check on game files and nothing was corrupted. >w>

And as stated in the duplicated post LINK, only the audio blocks are having this problem for meh, the UI and other sounds are playing as normal. >w>

What I did to get this bug, place two sound blocks within about 10 to 15m of each other (R and L), set volume distance to 25m, set audio file "Alart1", set play loop time to 1.255, add a timer block to loop every 1.255 of a second to play sound block, and only audio from left side is heard regardless of where you are at relative to both sound blocks. >w>

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for sharing this with us.

From the given information (and from the additional information from other duplicate tickets) we were able to reproduce this problem on our side as well.

Issue was reported into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file