AI Basic follow home not working after re-entering the world

Drudoqr shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

Hello Keen, I made a drone and placed the blueprint in a drone printing ship.

After exiting the word and returning the AI basic will not remember the home listing setting.

AI Recorder have a similar problem with reference beacon, it will not be saved.

The recording I toke was unfortunately 70MB not 64MB

I hope you can help

-Drudoqr

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Drudoqr,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

However, I did not experience it on my end when tried. Can you please provide me more information?

What exactly mean "after exiting the world map", please? Do you play in single player and save the game before leaving, or are you experiencing this problem on some server (which one – any Keen official or other)? Does this problem occurs for you when you leave the server and log back in immediately, or after some time? Was the server still running the whole time or there was server restart in the meantime as well?

Are you able to reproduce this problem in another world as well with the same blueprint, or it does happen only in that one specific world?

Are there any mods, scripts etc. active and running on this world? Is the problem still the very same when you try to do the same in vanilla (no mods) world?

Are there any set steps that I can follow in order to get to this state?

Can you please share me the affected blueprint or whole world save where this problem can be observed?

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Also please, if you can, it would be great if you can share me a screen recording that would show this problem, so I can follow your actions as close as possible.

As mentioned above, please use e.g. Google Drive if you would find some difficulties in attaching any of these here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

With "world" I mean save, "world map" must is a typing error.

No mod or script on my single player. This happen immediately when I exit. To day it happen in the save with out exiting. After thinking bit, this have happen before a few time, no clue how.

Yes the bug happen on all saves, have not test on servers.

All I did to get this to happen; have a ship with a beacon and placed the blueprint in the Projector. Newly printed drone have AI Basic: follow home: None selected.

AI Recorder: reference beacon: None selected.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FGetS4oa8Gi9tZEEjFHt4fs_YmnYJ_L0?usp=drive_link

I recommend the video first.

To get this bug: save Hangarskip to a blueprint and place in a new save. (if Ai blocks have not already been disable)

In Hangarskip find; Timer Block 1 produksjon activate it.

The new drone should have AI Basic: follow home: None selected.

And AI Recorder: reference beacon: None selected.

I hope I did not forget anything more, and thx for help.

With kind regards

Drudoqr

photo
photo

With "world" I mean save, "world map" must is a typing error.

No mod or script on my single player. This happen immediately when I exit. To day it happen in the save with out exiting. After thinking bit, this have happen before a few time, no clue how.

Yes the bug happen on all saves, have not test on servers.

All I did to get this to happen; have a ship with a beacon and placed the blueprint in the Projector. Newly printed drone have AI Basic: follow home: None selected.

AI Recorder: reference beacon: None selected.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FGetS4oa8Gi9tZEEjFHt4fs_YmnYJ_L0?usp=drive_link

I recommend the video first.

To get this bug: save Hangarskip to a blueprint and place in a new save. (if Ai blocks have not already been disable)

In Hangarskip find; Timer Block 1 produksjon activate it.

The new drone should have AI Basic: follow home: None selected.

And AI Recorder: reference beacon: None selected.

I hope I did not forget anything more, and thx for help.

With kind regards

Drudoqr

Leave a Comment

Attach a file