Audio Sliders Not Working Update

Damian Lunt shared this bug 3 months ago
Solved

Have sorted the problem, it seems that xaudio2_9.dll was missing from my PC. This was due to me running Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

To sort this problem i went to https://www.dll-files.com/xaudio2_9redist.dll.html and obtained the needed version for my operating system, which you can get from here :-

https://www.dll-files.com/download/835591acabfb69a6f9dace12711f2243/xaudio2_9redist.dll.html?c=MzNVWCtGM0YrYTNYeS9ZMHI2ajNUdz09

simply follow the instructions to place the xaudio2_9redist.dll into both the c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64 folders (don't forget to rename the xaudio2_9redist.dll to remove the redist part), then simple restart your PC and this should fix the audio slider problem, in both normal and plugin versions. The Zip version is attached if you wish to check it out

Thanks

P.S. Have also included the log file to show how this sorted the problem.

Log - 20240131_235125577.log

2024-01-31 23:51:36.917 - Thread: 1 -> MyAudio.LoadData - START

2024-01-31 23:51:36.947 - Thread: 1 -> MyAudio.CreateX3DAudio - Device: default - Channels #: 2 - Sample rate: 48000

2024-01-31 23:51:36.986 - Thread: 1 -> MyAudio.LoadData - END

Replies (2)

photo

I had this same issue with my win 7.

Steam started complaining it will no longr support win 7 on 1 st of january.

I installed win 10 a week ago and it works now.

And the game runs smoother too, than it did in win 7.

photo

yeah i got the same thing from steam about windows 7 (they even included a nice countdown with it lol) but steam still lets you play your games, but they no long offer security for your steam account if you use windows 7 (plus they had to change because of google/Microsoft are no longer running security updates for windows 7 & 8 anymore). Any ways i found out what was missing was just a .dll file and it works with windows 7 so once i installed it into my operating system the sliders started working again lol.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer,

happy to hear that you managed to solve this on your own.

Since there is no problem anymore that would require our assistance, I will close this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you experience/observe any other problem in the game.

Thank you for your understanding.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file