Offensive word filter in search

Vito shared this bug 2 months ago
Reported

Throughout my time in the game, I used the term "Ass" as a shorthand for "Assembler." (For the search to build the block) However, it's now being blocked in the search bar due to its offensive word "ass". This is problematic, not only because it hinders my gameplay, but also because I've developed muscle memory for using this shorthand.

Although it may seem minor, it's quite frustrating, especially when I need to search for it frequently. I would appreciate it if this issue could be addressed. Thank you! :)

My reference is not to the chat function. I completely get why the term "Ass" might be restricted in chat, and it's within a server owner's control to enable or disable this. As the server owner myself, I intentionally implemented this filter to prevent player harassment. However, what surprised me was its extension to the search bar in the "G"-Menu. To be clear: censoring this term in the chat makes sense, but why does this restriction apply to the search bar used for block searches?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Vito,

thank you for reaching our forum and letting us know about this.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and reported into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file