assertion error? when load save

cheese borgor shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

when i load my save it has this(pic) would've sent the logs but i cant find the folder for logs.

i turned off my pc, removed the ram, gpu storage devices cpu, reinstalled. still same error thought it was a hardware that came abit lose or dirty contact. reinstall and deleted the game. same error. what should i do?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, cheese borgor,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

When/where exactly do you experience this behavior? Is it happening on one specific save, or on multiple?

Is this affected save/are these affected saves using mods? Are you experiencing this problem also in non-modded world? Can you please try?

Did it start just recently? Did something changed in the meantime – from when it was last working for you, and now – on your side (new and additional HW/SW)?

Are you able to start a new game? If you start a new game, play there and save it, can you load back in later, or this problem will be present as well in this situation?

Please first of all try this fix and let me know if it works for you.

Please navigate yourself to the folder where the saves (and other files for the game) are located. You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

There you can see several *.sbl files. Can you please try to delete the one "ViewedContent.sbl" and try to launch the game and the save afterwards. It is possible that you had some obsolete information there in the file and by deleting it, the game would create it anew and hopefully working.

If this won't help you, can you please try our other general workarounds? These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If any of this would work for you, can you please share me the log file from a game session where you experienced such behavior.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Also please reply to my questions from the beginning of this text.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file