Game crashing my pc/gpu when loading into world or character custimization

ACertainGuy shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

Every time I load into a world or the character custimization the game will crash what I presume to be my gpu either immediately or minutes in. Sometimes it just kills my pc entirely to the point I have to restart, other times the screens turn off but I still get audio output but am still forced to restart. I have tried many of the typical fixes so far by recommendation of people on Reddit/Discord and my own knowledge. These attempts include but are not limited to reinstalling the game(multiple times), verifying file integrity, deleting the cache, trying a new entirely vanilla world, restarting my pc, updating drivers to the latest version, rolling back drivers to an older version, lowering graphics settings and resolution to confirm it's not a gpu overload, unplugging my second monitor, and a bunch of other stuff.

The relevant PC specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

32GB of 3200MHz memory

I am also going to attach the latest of the logs relevant to the crashing that occurs, I have many more available as this has happened numerous times.

https://pastebin.com/SC3962j2

https://pastebin.com/juFATWPJ

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, ACertainGuy!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly confirm the logs you have attached are complete and the correct ones, as it seems some part of the log (https://pastebin.com/SC3962j2) is missing, and we, unfortunately, couldn't find any exception errors that could be causing the issue.

Did you also try updating your operating system as well? If not, please try to update your OS to its latest version and launch the game again.

If the issue persists please attach/upload the latest crash logs here and also include the Windows Event Viewer log as well as when the game crash occurred.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

So my OS is up to date other than a bugged security update that is giving pretty much everyone trouble. I went to check out the Event Viewer and didn't see a single .NET Runtime error related to Space Engineers, only a bunch for my corsair and razer lighting softwares. Also that log I double checked is in fact complete with no missing parts.

photo

Okay I had time to look through the Event Viewer more thoroughly and found one instance of the SpaceEngineers.exe error from 5 days ago, I will paste it below:

Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF9734D4452

Stack:

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file