Very High Assembler speeds cause GUI Lag for the grid

lAimBotl shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

I have a mod that adds tiered Assemblers, and if you have a high tier assembler,

(The tier 5 assemblers speed is equivalent to 64 vanilla assemblers)

it will cause lag spikes every time it "dumps" the crafted parts into its inventory, my guess is that the game "counts"/ adds every component crafted 1 by 1, even with <TieredUpdateTimes> being used, though idk.

Link to the mod: "https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2567252286"

To reproduce: Place a Tier 5 Assembler from my mod,

give it 999,999 iron ingots,

then shift+crtl click on Large grid Light Armor Blocks to craft a ton of steel plates,

then go mess around in the terminal, and it should have big lag spikes every 8+ seconds (the time I set the tiered update to) while it is crafting them.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, lAimBotl!

Thank you for writing to us.

The issue seems to be related to the MOD, and we recommend you join our modding community on our official Discord server: https://discord.gg/keenswh

Here, we have a specific channel for modding and a very active modding community with whom you can discuss this and other issues/topics related to modding.

Since we, unfortunately, cannot provide further assistance with this issue, we will be closing this thread for now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

(Not sure if anyone looks/receives updates when these are closed but I will try anyway)

I did a test recently, I made a blueprint that makes 1000 steel plates every time, and made the x64 assembler craft 1000 of them ( equal to crafting 1,000,000 steel plates), it doesn't lag,

but if you craft 100,000 steel plates with the vanilla component blueprint, it lags, even though my tiered update is set to 8 seconds,

I don't know how Tiered update time works for sure, but I think they way it works here is not correct, or at least not as good as it can be, since it could be "acting" like it is a x5,x10,x100,x1000,etc recipe depending on how much gets done in that time.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file